I'm going to make this short and sweet:
The WYSIWYG editor in 2.0 is much improved. With right click functionality:
- right click an image, and change image settings, add a URL, a target, and much more
- right click a table, and add new rows, columns; change cell, row and table properties
- right click, cut, copy and paste image, text, hyperlinks, tables and more
- add anchors, clean text in Word, paste text in plain, Word, HTML
- Add flash on the fly, edit properties
- Find capabilities, find and replace, highlighting
Web 2.0 is even more special because writing to the SQL database is much quicker. Rather than reloading each page for each edit, only the module housing the data refreshes, and in some modules, the edits are written without refreshing anything except the data. All this means that precious seconds are saved... and when it comes to making 10000s of SQL edits in a portal, those seconds add up pretty quick...
Intranets are created so folks can easily communicate no matter where they are geophysically... learn more about Intranets via Wikipedia :)
Prescient's Internet and intranet consultants can help your organization assess and choose the right content management system (CMS) to fit your needs.